Thursday, January 17, 2013

When Proof Is Not Enough: Eben Alexander's Proof of Heaven and the Problem of Objectivity in Science

Check out this article on Reality Sandwich
"But many other questions remain.  Unanswered questions for me, which I have not yet seen raised by others, include ones about possible psychotropic substances in the E. Coli bacteria themselves, as well as the possible involvement of Acetylcholinesterase, an enzyme whose activity is studied in schizophrenic patients, and whose function is amplified by other types of meningitis."
I don't really understand how no one on Reality Sandwich mentions Rick Strassman's work and endogenous DMT releases linked to NDE's in this article or the comments. This is the first I heard about Eben Alexander. But there's a Neuroatomist, Jill Bolte Taylor, who had a spiritual experience of her own.



I think the title for Eben's book is really poorly chosen (apparently his publisher's chose it) and proof is a weighty word for it. This article, linked in the RS as a reference has quotes.
My experience showed me that the death of the body and the brain are not the end of consciousness, that human experience continues beyond the grave. More important, it continues under the gaze of a God who loves and cares about each one of us, about where the universe itself and all the beings within it are ultimately going.
To me it just sounds like he's talking about "that cosmic ocean" I went to when I was on psylocybin.
You are loved and cherished, dearly, forever. You have nothing to fear. There is nothing you can do wrong.
I felt that too. But the following is something I did not experience, my experience was limited to planet Earth, I feel perhaps cause at that time I needed grounding more than anything, some grounding!
I saw the abundance of life throughout countless universes, including some whose intelligence was advanced far beyond that of humanity. I saw that there are countless higher dimensions, but that the only way to know these dimensions is to enter and experience them directly. They cannot be known, or understood, from lower dimensional space. Cause and effect exist in these higher realms, but outside our earthly conception of them. The world of time and space in which we move in this terrestrial realm is tightly and intricately meshed within these higher worlds…. The knowledge given to me was not “taught” in the way that a history lesson or math theorem would be. Insights happened directly, rather than needing to be coaxed and absorbed. Knowledge was stored without memorization, instantly and for good. It didn’t fade, like ordinary information does, and to this day I still possess all of it, much more clearly than I possess the information that I gained over all my years in school.


Here's a clip of an interview with Oprah - damn that woman is hard to tolerate, how the hell did she get her reputation cause I couldn't stand her in this. I'm gonna read some more about this, the least you can say is it's interesting.

3 comments:

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

You might like to check this lady's story out as well -

http://brizdazz.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/the-miraculous-recovery-and-nde-of.html

It is very similar.

Unknown said...



lol, was shocked when i first seen this, i thought you'd stolen their article...

http://beforeitsnews.com/awesome-time-wasters/2013/01/when-proof-is-not-enough-eben-alexanders-proof-of-heaven-and-the-problem-of-objectivity-in-science-2446172.html

then i seen the credit at the bottom, do you get sourced by others often?

Dedroidify said...

Nope :p Rarely happens