Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson Tribute

The King of Pop




I am the victim of police brutality, now
I'm tired of bein' the victim of hate
You're rapin' me of my pride

Tell me what has become of my rights
Am I invisible because you ignore me?
Your proclamation promised me free liberty, now
I'm tired of bein' the victim of shame
They're throwing me in a class with a bad name
I can't believe this is the land from which I came
You know I do really hate to say it
The government don't wanna see
But if Roosevelt was livin'
He wouldn't let this be, no, no

All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us

Some things in life they just don't wanna see
But if Martin Luther was livin'
He wouldn't let this be

By THEY(Live), he apparently meant the 'All-Seeing-Eye Cthulhu motherfuckers' as seen in the other long video (at 1.09). He even took an ironic mandatory bow on the 'stairway' for them...



There's a place in your heart and I know that it is love
And this place could be much brighter than tomorrow
And if you really try you'll find theres no need
To cry in this place you'll feel there's no hurt or sorrow

There are ways to get there
If you care enough for the living
Make a little space
Make a better place

Heal the world make it a better place
For you and for me and the entire human race
There are people dying if you care enough for the living
Make a better place for you and for me

Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children


If you wanna make the world a better place
take a look at yourself and make that change!

Some of my other favorites are Liberian Girl, Give in to me, Smooth Criminal, The Way you make me Feel, The Girl is mine, etc. His name was the one I always put down as a kid next to "pop idol" in those friend diaries. Absolutely love his music, I guess we'll never know his true story either. I'll always remember him as one of the main influences for my totally surreal (it seemed later, as I found out a few years ago ;p) idealism.

No comments: